VitaStim Grease helps in Anaerobic Digestion
Second, VitaStim Grease – FOG Reducer aids in the breakdown of amino acids to ammonia, but they in turn can assimilate the ammonia. If kept in balance, it helps to remove ammonia which can be toxic to anaerobic digestors and methane production.
Finally, the micronutrients and biostimlants blended in VitaStim Grease – FOG Reducer will help to maintain the balance of the digestors to make them more efficient. The control of the pH is also very important here.
The only thing to be careful of is adding too much product and too high micronutrients. If it is a fixed film anaerobic digestor, this products is used at very low dose rates or .01 to .1 ppm as we do not want the film to sluff off.
VitaStim Grease – FOG Reducer Applications
- Lift Stations
- Wastewater Plants
- Meat Packing Plants
- Sewer Lines
VitaStim Grease – FOG Reducer Benefits
- Reduces grease, filaments, & sludge production
- Controls foam
- Creates a healthier biomass under toxic conditions
- Prevents foaming and bulking
- Increases cell metabolism
- Improves settling
- Cleans sewer lines
- Fast recovery from high loadings
- Easy lift station cleaning
- Initial: 1/2 lbs per 100,000 GPD per day for 30 days
- Maintenance: 1/2 lbs per 100,000 GPD every other day
Lift Station Grease
- Initial: 1/2 lbs per 100,000-250,000 GPD per day for 30 days
- Maintenance: 1/2 lbs per 100,000-250,000 GPD 2 to 3 times a week
Safety Data Sheet
Certificates Of Analysis available upon request.
VitaStim Grease – Fatty Acid Case Study
A wastewater plant at a rendering facility has very challenging nitrogen and phosphorous compliance limits. Depending on the temperature, and how many chickens they get in, ammonia levels can be 1200-2500 mg/L and BOD 9000-20000 mg/L.
When they get hit with nitrifier-killing toxicity, they restart with our VitaStim Dynamic Duo. They used VitaStim Grease to chew up extra grease.
VitaStim Dynamic Duo brought the ammonia back down fast to the compliance limit of 3 ppm or less. See Graph in new window.