Benefits of Lab Services
Aquafix is a fully equipped microbiology laboratory in the UW Madison Research Park. There we have the latest technology as well as the expertise of a top university with well respected limnology, microbiological and phycology departments.
Depending on your issue:
- Full understanding of what is in your water, mixed liquor and effluent
- Exact type of filaments and their origin
- Full understanding of what is causing loss in nitrification
- Full treatment recommendations from our in-house microbiologists
What is included in the Test Kit?
- One cooler
- Sample bottles
- Complete sample retrieval instructions
- Sample Analysis Form
What is included in Microanalysis & Filament Origins Report?
- A review of major and minor filaments plus subspecies with Gram and Neisser staining
- Testing of EPS sliming
- Precise explanation of their presence and origin
- Analysis of protozoa and metazoa in the system
- Analysis of floc structure, sludge age, and oxygen penetration
- Treatment and process recommendations
- Results returned by e-mail and hard copy
- 3-4 day turnaround
What’s included in the Proactive Microanalysis Program?
- 4 Microanalysis and Filament Origin tests, use at your own pace
- Spot potential problems before they become a major issue
- Filament ID, EPS Sliming, Floc Structure and Oxygen Penetration, and More
- Helpful recommendations to improve biology function and optimize treatment plant
- Get a clearer picture of how your plant conditions evolve over time
Other testing is available – talk to your rep to see what we can do to help your process
Sample of Lab ReportClick here for a lab report sample
Why Choose Us?
- Aquafix has a proven track record at solving a wide variety of wastewater issues
- Aquafix provides a technical yet clear understanding of your test results
- Aquafix provides a wide variety of bacterial, biocatalyst and biostimulant products to solve each and very individual wastewater issue