The Science Behind Surfactants
Surfactants can be known as NPE’s (Nonyphenol Ethoxylates) to chemists. Surfactants are soaps and cleaners. Almost all surfactants are made from grease in some way. WWTP are dumped with these from factories and so on. We selected the highly specialized pseudomonas bacteria cultures in this blend for their ability to degrade surfactants and emulsions.
VitaStim Surfactants is a 5x blend and an excellent product for industrial or municipal wastewater plants that receives heavy amounts of surfactants or emulsions that can affect settling and foam.
Surfactants cause foaming, cloudy effluent, and shut down nitrification.
Surfactants can be slow and difficult to break down. This speeds up the process of degrading surfactant molecules. This product can be added as soon as foam and turbidity are noticed, and the sooner you start treatment, the faster the results.
VitaStim Surfactants Applications
- Industrial Wastewater Plants
- Municipal Wastewater Plants
VitaStim Surfactants Benefits
- Creates a healthier biomass under toxic conditions
- Prevents foaming and bulking
- Increases cell metabolism
- Provides better BOD removal
- Provides fast recovery from high loadings
- Improves settling
- Reduces sludge production
- Easier plant operations