Premier Duckweed and Filamentous Algae Control
- Flumigard quickly kills duckweed on contact
- PondZilla Pro degrades dead duckweed cells to prevent spikes in TSS and BOD
- Also works well for filamentous algae and more
- Dose rate & product info
*This product is not for use in AZ, MD, NJ, OR, or Canada. It is for limited use in ME and NY. Rules for application must be followed in each state. Some states will not allow the use of this product and others have special permits. Call us, 888.757.9577, for more information.
Flumigard® is by far the most effective treatment for duckweed. Duckweed is very resistant to other herbicides but the USEPA registered Flumigard® chemistry represents a major breakthrough in treatment. Do not rely on standard herbicides to control duckweed.
Paired with Pondzilla Pro, this is the most effective treatment on the market. The combination also works well on filamentous algae, watermeal, and aquatic weeds.
PondZilla Pro is a biocatalyst which aids in penetration of duckweed’s waxy cuticle and speeds degradation of dead plant material, so it does not contribute to excess sludge on the bottom.
Applications and Benefits
- Filamentous algae
- Aquatic weeds
- Kills and degrades dead plant material
Important Notes when using FLUMIGARD®:
- FLUMIGARD® is a contact herbicide. It must be applied to vegetation immediately after mixing. Treating early in the morning will provide better results.
- For floating weeds treatment can take 1-3 applications depending on the coverage of your spray during applications.
- Apply according to the label instructions, wear proper PPE.
PDF Downloads: Product info, SDS, and white papers
🗎 Duckweed Complete Product Sheet
🗎 Flumigard® SDS
🗎 PondZilla Pro SDS
Karen C. (MO) –
These products work great, very happy with them.
David Dollar –
Our company bought a site with an old oxidation pond that hadn’t been touched in decades. Needless to say, it was out of control. After a few discussions with Aquafix, we started with the oxygen booster and sludge reducer, and after a few months followed with the new Duckweek products–Clipper and Pondzilla Pro. Over the next 7 months, BOD’s dropped by 80%, TSS by 65%, Fecal Coliform by over 90%, and the once thick mat of duckweed is gone. The Aquafix staff was spot on with their knowledge and recommendations and the products perform better than we ever imagined.