The Only Balanced Wastewater Food Supplement for Low F:M Ratios
- Balanced blend of nutrients to promote flocculation and improve settling
- Better performance compared to dog food and glycerin
- Great for systems with low or intermittent loading
- Lowers effluent BOD, TSS, ammonia, and phosphorous while reducing bulking
- Dose rate & product info
*Large quantity discount available, please call to order 888-757-9577.
$325.00 – 50lb. Bag, Bulk
Wastewater plants fed with SmartBOD have better-settling properties and produce clearer effluent than plants fed with other carbon supplements. Also, plants with a history of low F:M filaments, like Type 1851 and Type 0041/0675, become less prone to filament outbreaks.
Food supplement products like dog food and chicken feed have traditionally been used to bolster BOD. These foods contain higher levels of fats and phosphorus than are beneficial to wastewater bacteria. They also contain high levels of inert solids which will accumulate in a wastewater treatment system and trap organic matter, leading to low DO conditions.
Crude glycerin and molasses provide a food supplement in the form of sugar. While they can grow a population of bacteria quickly, they are not well equipped to digest anything other than sugar and provide little benefits digesting common municipal or industrial BOD. In fact, sugar based additives typically result in a cloudy effluent and polysaccharide slime.
The human body cannot run on sugar alone and neither can a wastewater treatment plant. Traditional food supplements may offer a source of fuel, but they lack the nutrient balance and floc building components wastewater bacteria need. SmartBOD is a complete source of fuel to improve your biology at a significantly lower dosage than sources like dog and chicken feed or a source of sugar.
Applications and Benefits
- Aeration basin
- Boosts health of bacteria population
- Proven to outperform glycerin and dog food
- Also helps new plants start up
- Improves floc formation and settling characteristics
- Better BOD and nutrient removal
PDF Downloads: Product info, SDS, and white papers