Careers with Aquafix
If you’re looking for a fortune 500 company, we’re not it. But if you’d like to work for a growing science-based company that’s focused on improving the environment, you will love this opportunity! Your talents will be put to use and your accomplishments will be recognized. Aquafix, Inc. is a biological sciences company based in Madison, Wisconsin providing products to help the people who clean water succeed at their job.
Manufacturing and Maintenance Technician
Job Location: Madison, WI
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Monday-Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm Central Time
Compensation: Competitive salary with excellent benefits (retirement plan, quarterly profit sharing and 100% employer paid health and dental insurance premiums)
Desired Education: 2-year degree in an Industrial Maintenance or related field
Ideal candidate will be responsible for utilizing strong operational knowledge and manufacturing skills to maximize production efficiencies through implementing new processes, troubleshooting, continuous improvement initiatives, training, communication, and teamwork.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Administrator Functions:
• 3+ years of relevant manufacturing and maintenance experience
• Other Skills and Abilities:
• Understanding of the sequence of operations in mechanical, electrical and manufacturing systems
• Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical control systems
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are a must
• Possess project management skills.
• Ability to work independently with resourcefulness, originality and initiative with work of a broader scope
• Basic understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
• Language Skills:
• Ability to read, interpret, and produce documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written forms across all levels of the organization and with vendors
• Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios, to practical situations
• Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Physical Demands:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee is required to lift and/or move more than 75 lbs.
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock.
• The employee is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles,outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, and vibration.
• Comprehensive health & dental insurance
• Paid vacation and discretionary days
• Healthcare reimbursement
• Health club membership and wellness class reimbursement
• Quarterly profit sharing
• Retirement plan
• Continuing education at UW-Madison
How to apply? Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com