Careers with Aquafix
Aquafix, Inc. is a biological sciences company that strives to clean up waterways by developing natural and sustainable biotechnologies. If you’re looking for a fortune 500 company, we’re not it. But if you’d like to work for a growing, science-based company, where your talents can be used and your accomplishments are recognized, you will love this opportunity! Aquafix, Inc. is a small, biological company based in Madison, Wisconsin that strives to clean up waterways by developing natural and sustainable biotechnologies. Our culture is friendly and engaging and we are always looking for new ways to serve our customers and better engage our team.
How to apply? Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Location: Madison, WI
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Monday-Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm Central Time
Starting Wage: $TBD per hour with performance-based raise after 90-days plus 100% employer paid health and dental insurance premiums along with many other excellent company benefits.
The current position is for a production technician who has a valid driver’s license and will be responsible for assisting with blending and packaging liquid and powdered products, running errands, and other duties as assigned. This is a 1st shift position that operates Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm on the east side of Madison, WI. Visit our indeed page to learn more about working at Aquafix.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Physical lifting a variety of sizes and weights by hand up to 50 LBS in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform a variety of tasks including repetitive and non-repetitive production
- Blend and package liquid and powdered products
- Package and palletize orders
- Perform basic cleaning in production area and warehouse
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications
- Driving and operating forklifts and hand trucks
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow simple instructions, safety requirements, and short correspondence.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add and subtract. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight and volume measurement.
- Ability to read and understand basic formulas.
- Ability to read a scale in grams, ounces, and pounds. Must be able to convert from one unit to another.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Mechanical or construction skills is a plus but not required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Walk, sit, or stand for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle objects, tools or controls
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel or crouch
- Push, pull, and lift 50 lbs or more
- Perform repetitive motions for long periods of time
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Slightly Dusty
- Light to medium noise
- 100% Employer paid health & dental insurance premiums
- Steel toe boot reimbursement
- Paid vacation and discretionary days
- Health club membership and wellness class reimbursement
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
Job Location: Madison, WI
Employment Type: Full-Time/Permanent: 40-45 hours per week
Schedule:Monday-Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm Central Time
Reports to: President and Director or Science & Innovation
We are looking for a trusted Finance Analyst to join our team. As part of this team, you will help our managers develop good financial models as well as calculating for new opportunities. The Financial Analyst will provide analysis of data and key insights to each of the managers as well as our strategic partners. This individual will collaborate with our leadership and act as a financial subject matter expert for various company projects and initiatives. This person will be an exceptional communicator, able to listen well, and provide support for each of our managers.
We are a small company with ambitions of great science. If you are someone who enjoys a small company atmosphere and has the desire to help us grow, please consider this position.
Visit our indeed page to learn more about working at Aquafix.
- Act as the leader of financial practices for the organization, accountable to implementing sound financial controls, practices, and policies.
- Manage relationships with banks, external accountants, insurance companies and other finance related partners.
- Work with our attorney’s managing trademarks and agreements with our technology partners.
- Collaborate with other managers to utilize the appropriate metrics to assess financial performance and making sure we invest capital wisely.
- Establish the annual reinvestment back into the company and expected return on investment.
- Meet to discuss and evaluate new markets and new technologies to understand financial commitment required to pursue business opportunities.
- Analysis of how our cost of goods sold has changed.
- Partner with Sales Manager to manage domestic, international and distributor pricing lists and develop pricing strategies.
- Review process of commission structures.
- Creating Sales Dashboards for each company division.
- Daily monitoring of banking activity including online bill paying, ACH positive pay. ETFs with weekly reports to the President.
- Send monthly reports of accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank statements to our accountants.
- Monitor accounts receivable.
- Monthly sales analysis, including calculating commission reports.
- Must really enjoy finance and financial analysis. Bachelor’s or MBA degree from a four-year University is a plus, but not necessary.
- Must be a self-starter with a willingness to take initiative and follow through on projects with limited direction and supervision.
- Demonstrated problem solving, investigative and analytical skills.
- An acute attention of detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide effective customer service to various levels of individuals/teams and build strong working relationships across the organization.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences.
- Previous experience in a financial position within a rapidly growing business is a plus.
- Strong understanding of financial, management and cost accounting.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment and interacting with multiple departments.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, Office 365 preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Comfortable working within various types of financial management software or applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills including the ability to constantly reprioritize in a fast paced ever changing business environment.
- Must be able to interface with all levels of the organization and be able to handle complex situations with confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and provide value to our business model as well as process data and put together business proposals for new markets.
- Must be a team player: We value teamwork, a positive attitude, and the willingness to do what is needed for our customers and our business.
Physical Effort: Will be in a sitting position for roughly half of the workday, with fairly frequent occasions of walking through the warehouse. Infrequently may be required to climb, lift, bend, stoop and carry objects. May be required to lift up to 25lbs infrequently with or without assistance.
Tools Equipment and Machinery: Must be able to frequently use general office equipment, including computers, printers, scanners, and telephones.
Working conditions commonly consist of a general office environment. May be in areas that require frequent use of safety equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential