Careers with Aquafix
Aquafix, Inc. is a biological sciences company that strives to clean up waterways by developing natural and sustainable biotechnologies. If you’re looking for a fortune 500 company, we’re not it. But if you’d like to work for a growing, science-based company, where your talents can be used and your accomplishments are recognized, you will love this opportunity! We are based in Madison, WI but serve people around the world with our innovations.
How to apply? Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Madison, WI
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Monday-Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm Central Time
Starting Wage: $TBD per hour with performance-based raise after 90-days plus 100% employer paid health and dental insurance premiums along with many other excellent company benefits.
The current position is for a production technician who has a valid driver’s license and will be responsible for assisting with blending and packaging liquid and powdered products, running errands, and other duties as assigned. This is a 1st shift position that operates Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm on the east side of Madison, WI. Visit our indeed page to learn more about working at Aquafix.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Physical lifting a variety of sizes and weights by hand up to 50 LBS in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform a variety of tasks including repetitive and non-repetitive production
- Blend and package liquid and powdered products
- Package and palletize orders
- Perform basic cleaning in production area and warehouse
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications
- Driving and operating forklifts and hand trucks
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow simple instructions, safety requirements, and short correspondence.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add and subtract. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight and volume measurement.
- Ability to read and understand basic formulas.
- Ability to read a scale in grams, ounces, and pounds. Must be able to convert from one unit to another.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Mechanical or construction skills is a plus but not required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Walk, sit, or stand for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle objects, tools or controls
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel or crouch
- Push, pull, and lift 50 lbs or more
- Perform repetitive motions for long periods of time
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Slightly Dusty
- Light to medium noise
- 100% Employer paid health & dental insurance premiums
- Steel toe boot reimbursement
- Paid vacation and discretionary days
- Health club membership and wellness class reimbursement
- Quarterly Profit Sharing