Careers with Aquafix
If you’re looking for a fortune 500 company, we’re not it. But if you’d like to work for a growing science-based company that’s focused on improving the environment, you will love this opportunity! Your talents will be put to use and your accomplishments will be recognized. Aquafix, Inc. is a biological sciences company based in Madison, Wisconsin providing products to help the people who clean water succeed at their job.
How to apply? Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Production Technician 1
Job Location: Madison, WI
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Monday-Friday, 7:30am – 4:00pm Central Time
Starting Wage: $TBD per hour with performance-based raise after 90-days plus 100% employer paid health and dental insurance premiums along with many other excellent company benefits.
The current position is for a production technician who has a valid driver’s license and will be responsible for assisting with blending and packaging liquid and powdered products, running errands, and other duties as assigned. This is a 1st shift position that operates Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm on the east side of Madison, WI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Physical lifting a variety of sizes and weights by hand up to 50 LBS in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform a variety of tasks including repetitive and non-repetitive production
- Blend and package liquid and powdered products
- Package and palletize orders
- Perform basic cleaning in production area and warehouse
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications
- Driving and operating forklifts and hand trucks
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow simple instructions, safety requirements, and short correspondence.
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add and subtract. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight and volume measurement.
- Ability to read and understand basic formulas.
- Ability to read a scale in grams, ounces, and pounds. Must be able to convert from one unit to another.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Mechanical or construction skills is a plus but not required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Walk, sit, or stand for long periods of time
- Use hands to handle objects, tools or controls
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel or crouch
- Push, pull, and lift 50 lbs or more
- Perform repetitive motions for long periods of time
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Slightly Dusty
- Light to medium noise
- 100% Employer paid health & dental insurance premiums
- Steel toe boot reimbursement
- Paid vacation and discretionary days
- Health club membership and wellness class reimbursement
- Quarterly Profit Sharing