Speeding Digestion of Complex Proteins
- Biocatalysts for complex protein degradation
- Lowers BOD and improves settling
- Best for systems with high protein loading (dairies and meat processors)
- Dose rate & product info
Qwik-Zyme P In the Field
Using Qwik-Zyme P at the head of the plant improves a number of plant conditions. This product liberates the difficult-to-access proteins and convert them into nitrogen for your system, allowing reduced nitrogen supplementation. It will increase settling, lower sludge production, speed COD breakdown, reduce foaming, and lower COD while improving polymer function on the back-end to decrease the presence of any odors. Since casein is a phosphoprotein, Qwik-Zyme P will also improve phosphorous removal downstream.
If you have a cheese plant with foaming or odors in the sludge storage tank, this is partly due to undigested casein. Bacteria can break down milk sugars easily, but the milk solids, like the protein casein, are especially tough. Casein passing through will cause many issues in plants. Qwik-Zyme P will quickly degrade and fix this, while also lowering COD levels and stopping odors.
Qwik-Zyme P is great to apply to the head of the plant. This is a quick fix if you have 10 lbs of food quickly passing through a 5# box. This product has saved at least one cheese plant from expanding their wastewater treatment plant.
Undigested protein waste is an issue with many sections of the food processing industry. Qwik-Zyme P provides the tools bacteria need to digest any complex protein found in wastewater. Instead of turning into sludge in your storage tanks or lagoon, Qwik-Zyme P turns this waste into fuel for your beneficial bacteria.
Pair with Qwik-Zyme L for overloaded systems.
Applications and Benefits
- Cheese plants
- Dairy plants
- Meat packing plants
- Rendering facilities
- Works quickly
- Breaks down casein
- Speeds up COD breakdown
- Reduce sludge
- Lowers COD
- Improves polymer function
- Decreases presence of odors
- Improves phosphorous removal
Qwik-Zyme P Case Study
A brewery had a yeast outbreak and it caused bad foaming, poor settling, and bad effluent. The problem persisted for a couple of months until they called us.
Add 2 lbs – 3 lbs Foam Buster to help with the foam and add 1 gallon of Qwik-Zyme P to improve settling.
After experimenting with the dosage rate we were able to come up with the perfect solution. Just one day after adding Qwik-Zyme P the plant settled perfectly and the customer was ecstatic.
Landfill Leachate Waste
TEST 1: reduce foam and NH3 (also COD) with Aquafix products
- Goal: reduce foam and improve nitrification
- Test dates: 5/7/12 – 5/11/12
- Set up: 32oz glass straight sided jar + 400ml mixed sample + D.O. 2mg/L + 20ppm per day products for 5 days
(see the chart below)
Test 1: Reduce COD, NH3 and foam with Aquafix products
Results for COD and NH3 reported in mg/L. 50ppm Urea was added to each jar on days 2, 3, and 4.
- There was no foam in any of the test jars during the duration of testing.
- Adding 20ppm of Qwik-Zyme P or Foam Buster after every day for 5 days seemed to reduce COD and NH3 further than the other products tested and the control.
- There seems to be some protein in this waste stream since the ammonia was higher in the test with Qwik-Zyme P after day 1 than it was with the addition of any of the other products or the control. This is probably due to the breakdown of proteins, which in this case are concentrated in the bacterial EPS.
- For all products tested, COD may increase a little after 1 or 2 days but then will drop by day 4 and 5.
PDF Downloads: Product info, SDS, and white papers
🗎 Qwik-Zyme P Aerobic Info Sheet
🗎 Qwik-Zyme P Dairy Info Sheet
🗎 Qwik-Zyme P SDS
Jessica G –
The consensus is that your rocks. The Foam Buster sparks crazy protozoa, when we had a problem settling and dewatering, Qwik-Zyme P worked instantly to correct that problem. It’s all working well now, and no doubt your stuff played a big part in that. It’s nice to have those tools handy.
I started using Qwik-Zyme P and I went from 18 inches of visibility in my clarifier to 48 inches. That stuff works, holy cow.