VitaStim Polar – Winter BOD Treatment
VitaStim Polar – Winter BOD Treatment brings a highly-concentrated blend of psychrophilic (cold-loving) microorganisms from the lab into reality.
For temperatures between 41°-64°F, this product is great for lowering winter's BOD and TSS.
On average customers who use our VitaStim Polar during the winter report a 30% to 60% decrease in effluent BOD from using this technology.
Polar Blend saves systems during the dead of winter because of its ability to degrade municipal wastes, phenols, surfactants and other industrial wastes at temperatures as low as 41° F. The probiotic components in Polar Blend promote healthy biological activity to both the indigenous and Polar Blend bacteria.
VitaStim Polar – Winter BOD Treatment Applications
- Wastewater Plants
- Wastewater Lagoon Systems
- Decorative Ponds
VitaStim Polar Benefits
- Creates a healthier biomass under cold temperatures
- Promotes nitrification
- Provides great recovery from upsets
- Cleans industrial wastes
- Lowers BOD and TSS
- Increases cell metabolism during the depths of winter
- Improves settling
- Initial: 1/2 lbs per 100,000 GPD per day for 30 days
- Maintenance: 1/2 lbs per 100,000 GPD every other day for 30 days
- Initial: 2 lbs per 4 acres per day for 30 days
- Maintenance: 1/2 lbs per 4 acres per day for 30 days
Municipal Sludge Reducer
A newly upgraded 500,000 gallon per day wastewater system has a large industry that produces biocides. Biocides are made to disinfect and kill bacteria, viruses, and germs making them toxic to wastewater biology.
The plant added VitaStim Sludge Reducer in the summer months and VitaStim Polar in the winter.
VitaStim Sludge Reducer and VitaStim Polar keeps their biology running at optimal levels, reduces the sludge production, improves dewatering and settling by 20% to 30%, and controls foam.